So yesterday I posted about the Summer Sun Award.
Each author invites a maximum of five writers to discuss their current summer release and/or work in progress.
Answers the five questions below.
Shares a tasty recipe which relates to current release or work in progress.
‘Emotionally fragile Fleur craves excitement. Will a murder mystery weekend satisfy her desire?
A serendipitous meeting with a mystery man leads naive Fleur into a dangerous, mystical world hidden amid the dark wild hills of the English Lake District. Passion hotter than a dragon’s breath ignites. Dragons, demons wolves and witches clash in apocalyptic battles……’ © Jane Hunt 31 July 2013 Check out my post The Dragon Legacy
My current work in progress is The Dangerous Gift.
‘Jennie Taylor receives an unexpected gift; a Texan ranch!
After the sudden death of his father Jared Stewart is forced to come to terms with sharing control of his family ranch. Reunited with her first love Jennie’s heart still belongs to Jared. She is determined to prove her commitment to him and the ranch by discovering who is behind the series of dangerous accidents that threaten the ranch’s viability.
Finally acknowledging his love for Jennie can Jared’s protectiveness keep her safe? Or will her recklessness lead her into irrevocable peril ending their chance of love forever?’
© Jane Hunt 2 July 2013
Now the questions:
1) When writing are you a snacker? If so, sweet or salty?
No but I do graze on fruit throughout the day. If I’m struggling with a scene or characters then I reach for the sweets. 🙂
`2) Are you an outliner or someone who flies by the seat of their pants? Are they real pants or jammies?
I make notes and for The Dangerous Gift I did a detailed outline. Once the first draft is written I’m more of ‘a fly by the seat of my pants’ writer. I write in the day so usually I’m dressed.
3) When cooking or baking, do you follow the recipe exactly or wing it?
Wing it always. My memory is good and it ensures my food is always unique to me. Seems to work. 🙂
4) What is next for you after this book?
Finish The Dangerous Gift. I want to write Jasmine and Zane’s story book two in The Dragon Legacy and finish my novella ‘The Sentinel’.
5) On a level of one being slightly naughty to ten being whoo whoo steamy, where does your book land?
The Dragon Legacy is a sensual paranormal romance so I guess it’s an eight. The Dangerous Gift hasn’t made up its mind yet. At the moment a six but that may change. 🙂
Now the Summer recipe:
Nothing came to mind for The Dragon Legacy as eating isn’t high on the to do list for Lukas and Fleur.
So I decided on Jennie’s Vegetarian Chilli Bake My adapted recipe inspired by The Dangerous Gift.
- In a casserole pan fry chopped chillies in a little light olive oil.
- Add sliced mushrooms, red onion and any other vegetable you like.
- Cook until the vegetables are coated with spices.
- Add fresh skinned tomatoes/canned tomatoes,fresh/frozen sweetcorn and canned,drained kidney beans.
- Leave to simmer for five minutes whilst you cook sliced sweet peppers.
- Layer peppers over the mixture and cover with breadcrumbs or thinly sliced pre-cooked potatoes.
- Cook in a hot oven 200 C/400 F for fifteen/twenty minutes.
- Remove from oven and grate cheese over breadcrumbs/potatoes. (Not essential but is delicious.)
- Return to oven for five to ten minutes until cheese bubbles.
- Serve with salad.
Hope you enjoy 🙂
Now the writers I’m inviting: